Jr. Fragrance Evaluator
JR. FRAGRANCE EVALUATOR
Pura is looking for a hardworking, high-energy individual to join our fragrance team as a Junior Fragrance Evaluator. The right candidate is someone who has good olfactive skills and is great at organization and project coordination.
We're looking for someone with a passion for fragrance, a desire to train with the Director of Fragrance Development, and a hunger to learn more about creating trailblazing premium home fragrances is needed. This position is full time and will be based in New York City with compensation depending on previous experience level.
The role reports to the Chief Fragrance Experience Officer with a dotted line to the Director of Fragrance Development. Relocation is not applicable.
- Help develop and evaluate fragrances for premium liquid electric and car air care, working and training with the Pura Director of Fragrance Development
- Strong olfactive skills
- Knowledge of market products, cross category and identification of olfactive trends
- Understanding of QA/QC process and all toxicology and regulatory requirements
- Work closely with fragrance team based in Pleasant Grove, Utah
- Ability to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong time management, communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to comfortably present with passion and commitment to a range of stakeholders
- Technical understanding of fragrance and it’s interaction with various product formats
- Foster communication with fragrance houses, lab, toxicology and regulatory consultants and internal teams at Pura
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with clients at a high level
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the fragrance industry required
At Pura, we’re pairing smart tech with premium fragrance to create a perfectly personalized and customized scenting experience for the individual. We partner with brands like Disney, Capri Blue, and Anthropologie to bring original and well-loved fragrances to homes in a modern, convenient, and safe way. We know we’ve only just begun to unlock the possibility of scent, and we’re excited for the opportunities that lie ahead.
We’re quickly turning heads and getting noticed. We raised a seed round of 4.4M in February of 2020, was recognized by Inc. Magazine as a 2021 Best Workplace, won the Silicon Slopes Hall of Fame & Awards Advertising category in 2022, and we’re currently the 6th-fastest growing company in Utah. Check out our Instagram @pura and TikTok @trypura channels for a look into the excited, engaged community we’re building. We pride ourselves on being a human brand and in creating a culture worth talking about, and we have big goals for the future.
Join the Pura Team!
*All candidates are subject to a background check.
Pura provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws