Sr. Systems Architect
Sr. Systems Architect
Pura has been revolutionizing the smart home experience for the past several years. We obsess over providing world-class experiences for our customers, partners, and vendors. We pride ourselves on maintaining a high standard of quality and innovation with our products, and continuous growth and development for our people.
Our team is looking for a Senior Systems Architect to join us and create best-in-class experiences for our customers by providing world class systems for our engineering teams to build on top of to meet the scale of where Pura will be in the near future.
What you’ll own:
In this high-impact role, you will:
- Understand the evolution of Pura’s systems, and prescribe the architecture and topology for the future of our business.
- Counsel, mentor, and guide engineers to help create high quality solutions that span across all sectors of our business, from IoT and Production cloud (AWS) systems, to our data pipeline, data warehouse, and ERP roadmap, including from manufacturing to warehousing and returns.
- While this is an architecture role, at times you will definitely help implement some of these solutions.
- While change can happen fast, we also have a business that is well into high scale production already, so you will develop strategies to make changes in steps, iteratively.
- Work with leadership and peers to prioritize things that are more important first, balancing the reduction of tech debt, and the development of new features, and the maintainability of the platform in general.
- Proven experience as a Systems Architect or a similar role, with a track record of successfully delivering complex projects.
- In-depth knowledge of system architecture principles, design patterns, and best practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Deep experience of RDBMS and NoSQL, including Postgres, DynamoDB, and BigQuery, and streaming data systems.
- Deep knowledge of AWS and Cloud Architecture, including
- S3, Kinesis, Lambda, and ECS
- IoT Experience (AWS IoT core is a plus)
- Javscript/Node.js, Python, and Go experience
- Knowledge of ERP systems, including
- Inventory Management
- Passion for working with other engineers
- Passion for creating high quality solutions
- [nice to have] Shopify Experience
At Pura, we’re pairing smart tech with premium fragrance to create a perfectly personalized and customized scenting experience for the individual. We partner with brands like Disney, Capri Blue, and Anthropologie to bring original and well-loved fragrances to homes in a modern, convenient, and safe way. We know we’ve only just begun to unlock the possibility of scent, and we’re excited for the opportunities that lie ahead.
We’re quickly turning heads and getting noticed. We raised a seed round of 4.4M in February of 2020, was recognized by Inc. Magazine as a 2021 Best Workplace, won the Silicon Slopes Hall of Fame & Awards Advertising category in 2022, and we’re currently the 6th-fastest growing company in Utah. Check out our Instagram @pura and TikTok @trypura channels for a look into the excited, engaged community we’re building. We pride ourselves on being a human brand and in creating a culture worth talking about, and we have big goals for the future.
Join the Pura Team!
*All candidates are subject to a background check.
Pura provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.