Environmental Health & Safety Manager (EH&S)
We are a leading smart home consumer goods company committed to quality, innovation, and customer satisfaction. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional products to consumers worldwide. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Environmental Health and Safety Manager (EH&S).
The EH&S Manager oversees and manages all safety and environmental programs. This role is responsible for developing policies, procedures, and programs that ensure the safety of employees, contractors, vendors, etc.
The EH&S Manager is both a strategic and hands-on leader setting the vision and roadmap for Pura to build a best-in-class organization.
A Day in the Life of a Environmental Health & Safety Manager
- Engage with both plant and corporate leadership in building strategic plans and energize plant associates in safety and environmental improvement. Develops and implements innovative strategies with the goal of creating a culture of safety.
- Develop and standardize policies, procedures, and programs aimed at improving safety performance and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Develop and deliver training programs to educate employees on safety, emergency, and environmental procedures to align with federal and state regulations.
- Analyzes any actions data regarding performance against organizational metrics, incident trends, serious incidents, risk assessments, regulatory and legal issues.
- Organizes and manages the incident investigation process within the facility using participative root cause analysis techniques.
- Subject matter expert providing analytical and technical guidance related to OSHA, DOT, EPA, NFPA, and NRC Standards, and process safety.
- Familiarity with ISO 14000, 18000, 9001 and 13485, as well as FDA.
- Oversees injury review, investigation, and corrective actions. Collaborates with risk management, and HR.
- Works closely with Plant Management, HR, and Logistics to problem-solve and implement solutions.
- Develops and implements sampling and monitoring plans which may include installing, operating, and maintaining equipment which monitors air, land, and/or water pollution levels.
- Collaborates cross functionally to ensure effective equipment guarding, design, installation, and compliance.
- Build an on-site Safety Committees to achieve excellence in safety performance.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental health, industrial hygiene, or safety engineering. A comparable combination of education and experience may be considered as alternate qualifications for education.
- 4-7 years of related experience in the EH&S field or in a related area within manufacturing required.
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional), CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist) or other comparable certification desirable or ability to obtain such certifications.
- Strong leadership skills. Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, self-motivated for excellence, has a high standard of performance expectation of self, works effectively in teams.
- Use of the Google Suite & Microsoft Office suite, Excel, Word, PowerPoint as part of normal job duties.
- Statistical knowledge and aptitude
- Strong project, organizational and time management
- Ability to work well with both technical and non-technical people
- Plant or culture transformation experience highly preferred
We know each candidate may not meet all the listed requirements, but please apply anyway!
*All Pura’s Story
Pura—a company that married smart-home technology and fragrance diffusers, all controlled by the Pura app. At Pura, our mission is to create a luxury fragrance experience in each home that can change moods and brighten days. We are partnering with the leading premium fragrance brands, celebrities and lifestyle brands in the industry to bring customers’ favorite scents to their home with the touch of a button. And that’s just the beginning.
Pura started in 2014 and raised a seed round of 4.4M in February of 2020. Pura thrives on hiring or creating the best talent, known as a young and hungry brand that is rapidly becoming a household name around the world.
Join the Pura Team!
candidates are subject to a background check.